If you’re thinking about purchasing a half of a beef, many of our customers get a family member or friend to go in with you and each get a quarter for a better price! While the package weight is different for each animal, over the last number of years the average final packaged weight of a half has been approximately 160-180 pounds of beef. The average hanging weight is 250-300 pounds but again, this varies animal to animal and the hanging weight can vary as much as 50 pounds either way.
- Recommended for large families with 2 adults and hungry kids.
Will take up to 50% of a large upright freezer (20 cu.ft.)
- Custom Cut to your specifications. We will help you with this! Our butcher is amazing!
- Beef prices for a half average between $2000-$2500 but can be more with larger animals. This will vary of course with a larger or smaller animals.
- Half beef orders require a $400 deposit to secure your order.
- Pick up at farm or butcher shop of 1/2 orders.